Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

I hope all the fathers and future fathers are having a great day today. My wife surprised me with some shifter bushing for my car, a very sweet card, basketball shorts, polo shirt, a humorous coupon book, and something else that hasn't arrived in the mail yet. She's the best!

As an aside father's day present, I weighed 197.0 lbs this morning! That means I've lost 5.5 lbs in six days! Saturday was kinda hard for me because I was working my butt off outside in the 109 degree heat, and in the process, got sunburned and very sore, so when my wife came back from the store, she had tons of yummy food for me to eat (but things I shouldn't eat). Luckily I still have some will power and I resisted all the temptations. For dinner I threw some frozen chicken tenders into the pressure cooker and sliced two garden grown tomatoes in half (horizontally and sliced side facing up), sprinkled some salt and pepper on them, and broiled those in the oven for 7 minutes, after which I sprinkled some low fat mozzarella cheese and put them back in for another two minutes. The chicken cooked in 7 minutes on the Level 2 ring of the pressure cooker, and as a topping for that, I used some delicious fresh salsa called El Sol - Medium flavor, which is prepared locally, and that was found in the deli section at Wal-Mart. Man oh man was that a wonderful dinner and it was ready to eat in 15 min max. I was very tempted to run to Filibertos and order an AZ burrito, but this meal satisfied my cravings and I adverted disaster. I'm glad I did because it paid off this morning.

I have a vacation coming up and will be switching to a modified Phase 2 during that time. When I leave I won't have a full two weeks on Phase 1, but it's just not possible to stay super strict while out of the house. So far I'm happy with the results and my clothes are already fitting better. All this was done without starving myself or having to buy some super special shake or expensive pre-made meals. It was just some sensible eating - lots of veggies, eggs, low fat cheeses and meat, and no carbs, sugar, or starches.

No comments: